Happy Monday all! I am so excited to share a quick recipe with you all because it’s been a while! Two nights ago I made Tuna Fritters for the first time and boy were they SO good! I grew up on these babies! My mother used to make them for us all the time as a quick healthy lunch and she passed down the recipe to me, but I want to kick myself in the butt for not making these sooner! These will become a staple of mine for sure, and I’m happy to pass down the recipe to ya’ll because sharing is caring!
1. If tuna isn’t your thing you can substitute the tuna for chicken or ham!
2. If you prefer to bake these instead of frying them, simply scoop the patties onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 F. Flip the patties over in between cooking time to achieve golden brown on both sides.
1. Olive Oil 1 cup (for frying)
2. Two cans Albacore tuna
3. Cumin 1/2 tsp
4. Paprika 1/2 tsp
7. Grated Parmesan Cheese
8. Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
9. Grated onions 1/2 cup
10. Minced Garlic 1/2 tsp
11.Bread crumbs (I used Vigo brand)
12. 1 beaten egg
1. Use food processor and add the two cans of tuna, combine the cumin, paprika, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, parsley, grated onions, minced garlic, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste until all ingredients are mixed and you achieve a mashed consistency in the food processor.
2. In a fr pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil
3. Use the mashed consistency and create balls with your hands and then flatten into a patty.
4. In a separate bowl mix bread crumb and parmesan cheese together
5. Dip the the patty until fully coated in the beaten egg and then into the bread crumb mixture
6. Add the prepared patty in the heated oil and fry on both sides
7. Serve with sprinkled parsley on top and lime wedges! The lime squeezed on to the patties are seriously the cherry on top!